Sunday, September 12, 2010

just do it

i don't often feel mournful about the passing of time. it's a dead-end situation. but mournful i felt today that i'm in my 40s not 20s.

i guess it was brought on because tomorrow i am doing a session with a beautiful woman in her early 20s who wants to "tone and lengthen". how do i best convey to her that she's perfect just the way she is - everyone is at her age.

but i remember me then, i thought my hips were chunky, it's all i'd see when i looked at myself, now i notice the slight sag of my inner thigh skin. when does it end?

i know at 60 i'll look back at myself at 40 and think "i was a bit of alright", and at 80 do the same again for me at 60. on and on.

but i know i get kinder, i see me with more compassionate eyes. i see my strong body cause i live in it well, and i see the real me closer to the surface - able to experience a richer life. these are results of my thoughts and actions of now.

it's never too late to reflect to the world your wholesome life choices. start making them now. it's never too late to begin a truce with your body. do nice stuff, take care of yourself, if nothing else at the end of your day, soak in epsom salts, or plain old cooking salt, add some essential oils (lavender's sold in supermarkets and pharmacys everywhere) and spend time in the bath clearing and cleansing your mind, body and spirit of crap you don't need.

make your life less of a struggle, do it for you now, do it for the you in 20 years time. just do it.